I’m Darren. I listen to people figuring out their dreams, imagine realistic tech solutions, and bring them to life. Other times, I write about them.
This blog contains my journey or log as a software developer, having tidbits of information about my personal projects, my learning throughout weeks, and things that I have been busy with.
- VSCode Integrated Terminal fills with D^[[When you press ALT while your VSCode intergrated terminal is open, it sometimes fills the terminal with D^[[. Github user meganrogge notes that you can fix this by configuring a setting on VSCode. Specifically, you want to go to VSCode settings and uncheck/disable the Alt Click Moves Cursor setting. You can search altclickmoves and it… Read More »VSCode Integrated Terminal fills with D^[[
- The broken bicycleThe mental model of the broken bicycle is from a personal story of mine that identifies conditioning that was instilled while one was younger, triggering automatic responses that are fear-based rather than reason. Key ideas Be clear about what you have control of Assess emotions to determine what concerns it raises To achieve a more… Read More »The broken bicycle
- Growth: Anti-patterns and mindsetsThis blog post describes the different growth anti-patterns that I have observed that I have experienced and are sometimes predominant in a Filipino culture. It paints the world as it is, and how I would like it to be.
- On Hexagonal architecture : Why? (Part 1)Some interfaces provide many options and empower users immensely, but suffer in user experience. How might we find the balance between power and usability?
- On Hexagonal architecture : Common mistakes (Part 2)As the second entry in this blog series, this blog post jumps straight into issues and challenges encountered in the developer experience.