I ask, I build, I lead.
- dbtoyaml + Docker: Generate table definitionsToday I quickly built out a utility tool that generates your table definitions as YAML by inspecting your PostgreSQL db using Pyrseas. It’s a very minimal install. You only need Docker, and optionally Fish Shell in case you want to take advantage of a convenience script I made. Head over to the GitHub repository if… Read More »dbtoyaml + Docker: Generate table definitions
- Viper library (Go) fails to unmarshal yaml config fileIn times when you’re trying to unmarshal a config file using viper, check whether your config file has nested yaml structures. As shown in the example above, there are multiple layers of structs under providers (i.e. payment contains dwolla). The different with service is that its fields are set only in one level. If your… Read More »Viper library (Go) fails to unmarshal yaml config file
- Send Keycloak webhook eventsKeycloak out of the box provides a lot of value as an IAM provider. On this blog post, I will talk about how I extended user jessylenne existing work on sending Keycloak webhook events to a third party provider. Resources The original git repository has a convenient README available, explaining how to build, deploy, and… Read More »Send Keycloak webhook events
- I don’t want to make a goddamn song todayOne of my favorite musical artists is Marc Rebillet. He makes songs using his voice, his organ, a loop mixer, and just simply creates. Watch along with me in awe as he brings into reality his love for his craft, his passion and life, and simply creates. Marc is somebody I look up to because… Read More »I don’t want to make a goddamn song today
- Creating enum type tables on HasuraSo I recently streamed my late-night software development process (thinking out loud, walking through my thought process). A part of it was discussing how to create enum type tables using Hasura. I enjoy going through this process of thinking: moving from “I don’t know what to do” to the basic steps of “what do I… Read More »Creating enum type tables on Hasura